Thursday, December 8, 2011

[Review] Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Description

Title: Succubus Revealed
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: 277
Series: Georgina Kincaid #6
Publisher: Kensington
Date of Publication: August 30th, 2011
Source: Bought
Synopsis: (from Goodreads)

In Georgina Kincaid, succubus and she-demon, #1 New York Timesbestselling author Richelle Mead has created one of her most enticing characters. But with a shot at love, and maybe even redemption, is the ultimate seductress finally going soft? Like hell she is. . . Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas. The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .


Georgina Kincaid Series
1. Succubus Blues (*****)
2. Succubus on Top (****)
3. Succubus Dreams (****)
4. Succubus Heat (****)
5. Succubus Shadows (***)
6. Succubus Revealed 



My Thoughts


I was unsure of what to expect from this book, if I'm honest. I didn't particularly like Succubus Shadows, for some reason the Georgina spunk was missing. This one, though, was defintitely up to parr with what I'm accustomed to from Mrs Mead! 

I have been a Seth-Shipper right from the start. I won't say that I didn't smell the lute from a mile away, because ... let's be honest, how else should Seth have known about Letha? But I'm still glad it worked out exactly like it did. 

It was definitely confusing enough, and I can't say that I would have figured it out. It was logical, but the explanation was maybe a little bit rash. But Roman has been around a couple of centuries, so some wit is to be expected I guess. Oh Roman ... that's all I'm going to say for now.

I think it's hard for a "mere mortal" to really unterstand what Georgina went through. Sleeping around doesn't exactly seem like such a hard fate, but never really being able to love just for love and not for pleasure ... well, humans weren't designed for that. Not even humans-turned-immortal. 

Be that as it may, though, I think the last bit was probably the most surprising. I always wondered what Carter was actually there for, except for the occasional nudge in the right direction. Huh, now we know I guess. Jerome's non-loyalty was to be expected but I still found it heartbreaking somehow. 

My thoughts are all over the place ... sorry for that.





Rating


Buy it Here




No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not accept awards! I'm incredibly busy with college, blogging and reading, I just don't have the time to pass them around. But I'm happy you thought of me!